Address: 34700 Saint Jean de la blaquière
Discover the terraces of Larzac an exceptional terroir in the middle of the ruffes. The + of the visit, the simplicity, the conviviality and especially one takes the time, one profits, one savors ...
1- Escapades, nature and wine in the red lands (2H30)
- Visit of the vineyard guided by an oenologist.
- Discover a domain: vineyards, capitelles, mazet and olive groves
- Visit of the cellar in old stone
- Enjoy its exceptional cuvées. Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Cinsault and Carignan are the grape varieties that you will find in this region.
2- In the shoes of an oenologist juror (2H30)
Personalized introductory workshop on oenology
* If you come for an initiation, you will have the pleasure to learn the basic principles of oenology, to discover the main aromas. The art of serving wine will also be taught to you!
* Do you have experience of some tastings?
The basics of oenology will be remembered and you will have the chance to discover a multitude of aromas. As a future expert, you will learn to detect the defects of a wine and can qualify the aroma of positive or negative.
* You master the basics of oenology and the different aromas of wine? Oenology has more or less secrets for you? Learn how to qualify a wine. You can put yourself in the shoes of a juror and experience a blind tasting.
3- Oenology & canyon of the ruffes (Short walk 2H and oenological discovery 1H30)
Early afternoon: Visit of the Canyon des Ruffes
In a few minutes we leave the vineyards and the olive trees to discover a decor hardly credible.
Large expanses of red soil, valleys, a small river: it's like being in Colorado.
We take this stream which gradually turns into a canyon to reach a beautiful waterfall 30 m high.
During the ride you may fall under the spell of pretty capitelles arranged along the way.
End of afternoon: Visit of the vineyard, the estate and tasting
You will visit the estate alongside Estelle, a winemaker devoted to her job. She will be happy to tell you the story of her estate. You can stroll among the olive trees and contemplate their different varieties. To end the day in style, you will taste the treasure of the lands you have surveyed with a tasting of the vintages of the estate.
Not cancellable, non refundable.
Activity for adults only.
Meeting place: 6 Route de Rabieux, 34700 Saint-Jean-de-la-Blaquière for "Escapades, nature and wine in the red lands", "In the skin of an oenologist jury".
Optional extra: Transport in high-end minibus from the tram stop line 1 or 3 "La Mosson". (+12 euro / person).
Transport included from Montpellier (tram line 1 or 3 stop "Mosson") for "Oenology & canyon ruffes"