Following the siege of the young king Louis XIII in 1622, the city of Montpellier underwent important urban changes but above all amplified the administrative upheavals that had begun earlier.
This was to the detriment of the two other important cities of the Languedoc province: Pézenas and Toulouse. The intendant settled in Montpellier towards the end of the 18th century and "radiated" his power over many royal officers of the sovereign courts. In this visit, we will take you to meet a gallery of characters from this period: the Intendant such as Lamoignon de Basville, the Treasurer of the Stock Exchange, the President of the Court of Aids, Accounts and Finances..., through the places where they are installed, true reflections of their power in the Écusson.
A visit to the heart of the Ancien Régime, to be reserved for those who are passionate about the history of Montpellier, in addition to the visit to the citadel.
- French Guided Tour
- Our visits start at the Tourist Office, Esplanade Charles de Gaule. Appointment: 10 minutes before departure. Please note that you will have to present your booking confirmation before the beginning of the guided tour.
- Free for children under 6 years accompanied by a parent, professional guides and people who have bought the Montpellier City Card.
- Children 6-11 years : 6 €
- Reduced rate: children 12-18 years, students, persons over 65 years, unemployed and disabled card holders. Warning!: for reduced rate you have to show your card.
- Refund (with your booking reference) at the latest 24hours before the departure of the visit.
- Our guided tours are forbidden to dogs (except guide dogs)
- Payment required for reservation.
- Cancellation rights reserved
|Street address 1|
|30, allée Jean de Lattre de Tassigny|
|Phone number (booking)|