400 years ago...
On 31 August 1622, the siege of the city by Louis XIII and his troops began.
This date marks a turning point in the history of the city. It was part of a long period of more than two centuries of confrontation between Catholics and Protestants. The citadel was born out of this event and has since had a unique destiny.
The proposed tour tells this story by taking you inside the citadel (now occupied by the Lycée Joffre) and visiting the places of memory on the Esplanade and in the Ecusson. Come and listen to the testimonies left by the men and women of that time and imagine Montpellier differently...
- French Guided Tour
- Our visits start at the Tourist Office, Esplanade Charles de Gaule. Appointment: 10 minutes before departure. Please note that you will have to present your booking confirmation before the beginning of the guided tour.
- Free for children under 6 years accompanied by a parent, professional guides and people who have bought the Montpellier City Card.
- Children 6-11 years : 6 €
- Reduced rate: children 12-18 years, students, persons over 65 years, unemployed and disabled card holders. Warning!: for reduced rate you have to show your card.
- Refund (with your booking reference) at the latest 24hours before the departure of the visit.
- Our guided tours are forbidden to dogs (except guide dogs)
- Payment required for reservation.
- Cancellation rights reserved
|Saturday 3 sep 2022||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Guided tour|
|Saturday 10 sep 2022||3:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Guided tour|
|Sunday 25 sep 2022||3:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Guided tour|
|Saturday 8 oct 2022||3:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Guided tour|
|Saturday 22 oct 2022||3:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Guided tour|
|Street address 1|
|30 allée Jean de Lattre de Tassigny|
|Phone number (booking)|