Initiated at the end of the 1970s, Antigone is a district which revolutionized Montpellier by bringing the city in the direction of the sea.
On 36 hectares stretching between the Ecusson and the Lez river, this neoclassical-inspired district surprised by its desire for social diversity mixing HLM, shops, offices, large facilities and statues reminiscent of Greek antiquity. Come and explore Antigone from the Place du Nombre d'Or to the top of the Hôtel de Région, to immerse yourself in this avant-garde project wanted by the former mayor Georges Frêche and the Catalan architect Ricardo Bofill.
- Meeting point 10 minutes before departure at the tram stop "Antigone" (line 1), place Paul Bec
- Free: children under 6 accompanied by a parent, qualified guides with card, holders of the City Card.
- 1 adult accompanied by 1 or 2 children under 6 years old maximum
- Price 6-11 years old: 6€
- Reduced price: 12-18 years old, students, over 65s, unemployed, holders of a disability card and holders of the Metropolis Pass. Please note: proof will be required.
- Cancellation: refund possible up to 24 hours before the start of the visit (beyond this period no refund or postponement will be made).
- Visit prohibited to small or large dogs except guide dogs.
- Internet sales are open until 1 hour before the visit, for a last minute reservation contact 04 67 60 60 60. Reservation and prior payment required.
- The Tourist Office reserves the right to modify or cancel visits. Minimum 8 participants.
|Street address 1|
|Phone number (booking)|