French guided tour. Putti, marbles and gilding, or twisted columns, religious art of the 17th century must teach, move and convince the population in reaction to Protestant criticism.
The Chapelle des Penitents Blancs hides an exceptional decoration in gilded wood, a remarkable painted coffered ceiling and
works painted with Italian influences and Flemish. A member will introduce you the brotherhood, its history and its missions current.
The circuit continues to the church St-Matthieu, the only building in the city to have retained almost all of the decor furniture from the 17th century including spectacular altarpiece of the high altar and many tables.
- French guided tour.
- Our visits start at the Chapelle des Penitents Blancs (14 rue Jacques Coeur) - Outside beside Esplanade Charles-de-Gaulle. Appointment: 10 minutes before departure.
- Rate: free for children under 6 years with adult (only for family members), professional guides.
- Reduced rate: students, persons over 65 years, unemployed and disabled card holders. Warning!: for reduced rate you have to show your card.
- Refund (with your booking reference) at the latest 24hours before the departure of the visit.
- Payment required for reservation.
- Cancellation rights reserved (minimum 8 persons).
|Street address 1|
|14 rue Jacques Coeur|
|Phone number (booking)|